WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS PANHANDLE HIRING EVENT & JOB FAIR EMPLOYER GUIDELINES
To ensure the quality of our services and to acknowledge the mission of Workforce Solutions Panhandle, to protect job seeker privacy, and to limit the risk to job seekers and other users of our services, Workforce Solutions Panhandle establishes these guidelines for all employer services provided at this event.
Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Events & Job Fairs Employer Guidelines
- Out-of-state employers who are recruiting for out-of-state jobs are not eligible to participate in any Workforce Solutions Panhandle Hiring Event or Job Fair. Workforce Solutions Office staff will assist employers who fall into this category to contact the Employment Service (ES) agency in the employer’s home state for assistance. To find an ES office in a particular state, go to America’s Service Locator and enter the ZIP code or other location information.
- All Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Event & Job Fair employer booth reservations are reviewed and approved at the discretion of Workforce Solutions Panhandle Coordinators and we reserve the right to choose to deny participation if it does not appear to support the best interests of job seekers and/or the Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Events & Job Fairs.
- Workforce Solutions Panhandle serves the public and we reserve the right to deny services to an employer or choose not to allow entry to an employer who restricts the application to specific populations (see: USA EEOC: Prohibited Employment Policies & Practices)
- Commission-only positions must be clearly identified as such in the position description and on any recruitment materials. (Does not apply to internship postings).
- Independent Contractor or Freelance positions must be clearly identified as such in the Job Title, position description and include the following text: “Independent contractors or freelance workers are responsible for paying their own taxes, filing required government forms and obtaining their own benefits including worker’s compensation, disability, etc.”
- Positions must pay at least the prevailing minimum wage as determined by location, with the exception of unpaid internships for academic credit and volunteer positions.
- Positions by Third Party Recruiters must be clearly identified as such in the position description.
- Workforce Solutions Panhandle does not allow any employers who require an initial investment or payment by the prospective employee. Investments include but are not limited to: requirement to attend unpaid orientation or training sessions; direct payment of a fixed fee; payment to attend orientation or training sessions; and/or purchase or rent of a starter kit, sales kit, sample or presentation supplies.
- Workforce Solutions Panhandle does not allow any employers who discriminate on the basis of citizenship, status, or national origin (i.e. requires U.S. citizens only as a condition of employment), unless U.S. citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order or government contract. (see: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices).
Job Fair Policies
Participation and Attendance
- All Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Events & Job Fairs are solely for employers to recruit job candidates, and for job candidates to meet employers to discuss career and internship opportunities.
- Employers identified as third-party recruiters, as well as companies offering independent contractor positions, may be limited to participation in job fairs and career events on a waiting-list basis; if space is available after the job fair registration deadline is reached, companies representing any of the aforementioned categories may be permitted to participate in the event, to a number determined by Workforce Solutions Panhandle Coordinator.
Multilevel Marketing Companies
- Multilevel Marketing Companies, also called Network Marketing Companies, are not defined as “employers” by Workforce Solutions Panhandle and are not eligible to participate in job fairs.
- Workforce Solutions Panhandle considers organizations that engage in the following to be Multi-Level Marketing Companies:
- Sponsoring an individual to set up his/her own business for the purpose of selling products or services and/or recruiting other individuals to set up their own business. AND
- Requiring an initial investment from this individual, with the organization itself serving as an umbrella or parent corporation. The initial investment may be direct payment of a fixed fee, payment to attend an orientation or training session, and/or purchase of a starter kit.
- Compensation is often in the form of straight commission, fees from others under their sponsorship in the organization, and/or a percentage of sales generated by others.
- Workforce Solutions Panhandle assigns tables using a complex formula that takes into account industry designation, display needs, electrical needs, number of recruiters present, and competition (we try to never place competing employers next to or opposite each other).
- Tables cannot be shared by employers. Maximum of 1-2 booth spaces per company or business.
- Table assignments are final. If an open table is available on the day of a fair, an employer may request to move. The Job Fair Coordinator will facilitate such discussions and all decisions are final.
On occasion, one or two tables become available for walk-in job fair registrants. These tables become available because of “No-shows.” If such a table becomes available, Workforce Solutions Panhandle will release that table 30 minutes after the start of the fair to the employer who made the first walk-on request (and a second table to the second request, etc.). The fee for that table will be the regular rate. That employer must have payment in hand (check, money order, credit card, or cash). Workforce Solutions Panhandle does not encourage walk-on registrations as we cannot guarantee table availability.
On occasion, employers request extra tables. Because of municipal fire code and facility restrictions, Workforce Solutions Panhandle adheres to the pre-determined possible layouts for the hiring event or job fair. There are only a limited number of spaces for extra tables and the configurations are therefore limited. An extra table is billed at the standard registration fee rate. Requests are processed by sequence received and by payment collected.
Payment (if applicable)
- Checks and money orders should be payable to: The Amarillo Job Fair and mailed to: 3120 Eddy St, Amarillo, TX 79106.
- When a company uses a third-party accounting firm/agency to process payments, Workforce Solutions Panhandle is not the vendor and will not be held to any special/contractual agreements between the employer and that accounting firm. Specifically, no additional obligations are incurred by Workforce Solutions Panhandle in order to receive payment. If an accounting firm/agency requests Workforce Solutions Panhandle to verify employer attendance or activity through Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Events & Job Fairs events, Workforce Solutions Panhandle may provide a letter of verification of attendance, but is not obligated to take photos, take statements or use any notary services to verify attendance. Such obligations will be refused. If the employer cannot resolve this issue with their financial department or accounting firm/agency and the account is due, then Workforce Solutions Panhandle may send the account to Collections and assert for immediate payment. While the account is in Collections, the employer and its agents will be denied service
Refunds (if applicable)
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations that occur one week (7 calendar days) or less prior to any Workforce Solutions Panhandle event. During a period greater than 7 days, employers may request a refund of fees paid. As a courtesy, Workforce Solutions Panhandle will carry over a registration fee to the next space-available job fair; a written request (email is fine) is required from the company for this latter option. Send the request to BusinessServices@wspanhandle.com.
- No refunds will be given for “no-shows” to Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Events & Job Fairs events. Fees paid are forfeited.
- No refunds are given to any company/business that has violated Workforce Solutions Panhandle’s Hiring Events & Job Fairs policy and is denied services. Fees paid are forfeited.
- Refunds may take between 30-45 days to process.
“No-Show,” Cancellation, and Refunds
On occasion, an employer may, for whatever reason, decide not to attend a job fair for which they have paid and registered. If that employer “no-shows,” that is, does not come to the fair and does not notify Workforce Solutions Panhandle prior to the event that they are not coming, the full fee for the fair (or fairs) is assessed. If the account has already been paid, then those monies are forfeited. Workforce Solutions Panhandle will make available the table space rented to that employer to the first-come, first-served “walk-on” registrant. Workforce Solutions Panhandle will wait 30 minutes after a career fair opens to job seekers as the cut-off time to determine a “no-show.” Late arriving employers must inform Workforce Solutions Panhandle of their late arrival time. Call ahead! Workforce Solutions Panhandle will post a sign on late-arriving employer tables noting their ETA. Late arriving employers who fail to notify Workforce Solutions Panhandle in advance will forfeit their table space. In the rare instance that the registration fee is not paid, yet the employer was confirmed to attend the fair, and subsequently “no-shows”, that financial obligation remains due and payable to Workforce Solutions Panhandle upon demand.
Third-Party Recruiters who attend Workforce Solutions Panhandle must:
- Identify as a third-party agency or recruiter in the position description.
- Third-party recruiters are employment agencies, search firms, contract recruiters, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs.
- Adhere to employment laws and NACE Principles for Employment Professionals.
- Not charge any fees to the applicants.
- If requested, disclose to Workforce Solutions Panhandle Coordinators client contact information, the nature of the relationship between the agency and the client, to whom the job seeker’s credentials will be disclosed and if necessary, permit Workforce Solutions Panhandle to verify this information.
Denial of Service
Workforce Solutions Panhandle reserves the right to refuse services to employers for any of the following reasons:
- Dishonesty and/or misrepresentation of the company and/or position.
- Discrimination according to EEO practices
- Failure to provide FULL DISCLOSURE of essential information concerning the nature of the position or compensation including but not limited to commission only, Job Responsibilities or applicant requirements; breach of confidentiality; reneging on established agreements between Workforce Solutions Panhandle and the employer (verbal or written).
- Failure to pay for billed services.
- Failure to adhere to Workforce Solutions Panhandle Employer Services guidelines.