- Must be at least 18 years of age, eligible to work in the United States, and if male and born after 1960, be registered with selective services. Verify here: https://www.sss.gov/Home/Verification
- Must complete 24 – 32 hours at assigned employer in June or July
- Complete curriculum and post-externship survey
Educators will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Externships could be opened to middle-school educators if needed to fill externships. Externships will be assigned by Workforce Solutions Panhandle staff with regard to geographical location. Employers will be recruited in rural areas based on educators registered in that area. Stipends will be paid after educator successfully completes post-externship workshop and submits lesson plan. Region 16 will host pre-externship orientation and post-externship workshop and provide guidance to educators in lesson planning.
Educators will receive a $700 stipend for participating in the Teacher Externships.
- March 10, 2023 – Online Applications due
- May 30, 2023 – Attend a mandatory orientation and meet & greet 2:30 to 4:30
- June/July – Complete 24 – 32 hours at assigned employer
- August 3rd – Attend mandatory Post-Externship workshop from 9 AM to 12 PM