Child care is essential for working parents and in many cases, its significance can be the difference between keeping a job or losing one. Workforce Solutions Panhandle Child Care Services (CCS) helps low to moderate-income families with assistance in paying for child care while parents work, attend school, or participate in a training program as they become more self-sufficient. CCS also supports child care providers through quality improvement projects.
The goals of the Child Care Services program are:
- To offer families an expanded choice of accessible child care arrangements;
- To offer families an identifiable source of child care information and financial assistance;
- To support the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children;
- To assist providers with increasing and maintaining quality child care;
- To support and strengthen the child care industry; and
- To provide a community resource for child care needs.
Services are available and provided within the 26 counties in the Panhandle region of Texas. To be eligible, applicants must meet certain requirements and income guidelines.
Child Care Assistance Information for Parents
Early care and education is important in the development of children. Child Care Services is a locally, state and federally funded program designed to provide financial assistance to eligible families with professional development opportunities to our child care providers, as well.
Child Care Assistance Information for Providers
Child care providers play a key role as every day, providers impact the lives of children and families. This portal allows providers to submit inquiries and updates, learn about the Texas Rising Star program, access professional development resources online, and much more.