Child care is essential for working parents and in many cases, its significance can be the difference between keeping a job or losing one. Workforce Solutions Panhandle Child Care Services (CCS) helps low to moderate-income families with assistance in paying for child care while parents work, attend school, or participate in a training program as they become more self-sufficient. CCS also supports child care providers through quality improvement projects.
The goals of the Child Care Services program are:
- To offer families an expanded choice of accessible child care arrangements;
- To offer families an identifiable source of child care information and financial assistance;
- To support the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children;
- To assist providers with increasing and maintaining quality child care;
- To support and strengthen the child care industry; and
- To provide a community resource for child care needs.
Services are available and provided within the 26 counties in the Panhandle region of Texas. To be eligible, applicants must meet certain requirements and income guidelines.