Are there any instances in which I may be required to repay benefits I have already received?
Parents will be required to repay benefits received for child care assistance if the benefits paid were based upon inaccurate, misleading, or false information. This also includes benefits which may have been received because changes were not reported within the proper time limits.
What forms are available in my portal?
Your portal will have access to the following forms:
- “Requirements to Report Form” – This form should be completed to report changes of status concerning jobs, schools, income, family status, or contact information.
- “Request for CCAA Cards” – This form should be completed to request an attendance card due to loss of your CCAA card or to request a card for another user (for the user to be able to submit attendance if/when you are unavailable).
- “Transfer Request” – This form should be completed when transferring care from one provider/center to another one.
- “Voluntary Termination” – This form should be completed when you no longer need our services for one or all eligible children.
Will my cable bill be accepted for proof of address?
No, only current utility bills are accepted, and a cable bill is not a utility bill. Utility bills include:
Please refer to the checklist found on page 1 of the “Child Care Application (PDF)” for additional information and options on proof of physical address.
Will I be notified when I am eligible for Child Care Services (CCS)?
Yes, you will be notified through your previously selected method of contact (email or text). You will then have 14 days from the date of notification to contact Child Care Services in order for us to set up care with your selected provider.
What can I do if I have not saved my pay stubs?
What if I started a new job and have only received one or two paychecks?
In this situation, all available pay stubs should be submitted.
What if I do not have a pay stub because I just started a new job and have not received my first paycheck?
How many pay stubs do I need to include with my application?
If you have been employed by the same employer for a minimum of three (3) months or longer, then it is dependent upon how often you get paid.
- If you are paid weekly, include the past 13 current pay stubs.
- If you are paid bi-weekly, include the past seven (7) current pay stubs.
- If you are paid twice a month, include the past six (6) current pay stubs.
- If you are paid monthly, include the past three (3) current pay stubs.
You may submit a printout of your employer’s payroll history in lieu of the required pay stubs; however, both the employer’s name and your name must be on the printout.
How long will it take before I receive approval of my eligibility?
Applications are processed in the order received and it is extremely important to submit a complete application. Once your application is reviewed for completeness, we anticipate a 3 to 5 day approval process.
In the meantime, while waiting for your eligibility to be determined, please be conducting onsite visits with various child care providers so you can locate and choose the one that best meets your needs, as well as the needs of your child(ren). Ask the provider if they have room for your child(ren), and let them know you are presently waiting to receive approval of your eligibility. When you receive notification of your eligibility from us, please be prepared to submit the name of the child care provider/center you have selected.