I need help purchasing work related items such as work boots, uniforms and interview clothing. Can Workforce Solutions assist with this?
In order to receive assistance with work-related items, you must be enrolled in a Workforce program such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) and NCP (Non-custodial Parent Program).
Can Workforce Solution help me obtain training that would qualify me for a better job?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA program) may be able to offer assistance with occupational training based on eligibility.
Do you have a list of employers that will hire applicants with criminal backgrounds?
Workforce Solutions does not provide a list of employers who hire applicants with criminal backgrounds. It is to the discretion of each individual employer what their requirements are concerning background issues.
Are there any local websites that can help with my job search?
Jobseekers should utilize workintexas.com for your job search needs.
How do I match up with a particular type of job in Work in Texas?
Questions you may have about how to use workintexas.com can be answered in our workintexas.com workshop offered every Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m.
I recently found myself needing to seek employment. Does Workforce Solutions provide any services that make job search easier?
Yes, Workforce Solutions can provide you many services that will make your job search easier and more productive. Workforce Solutions provides the following in-office workshops to help you transition back into the workforce.
- Resume – Writing a Resume using the “Goldmining” technique. Learn how to improve your resume to grab the employer’s attention.
- Interview – Interviewing in the 21st Century. Find out about “behavioral” interviews and how to do your best in them.
- Job Readiness – Discover how to conduct a more productive job search – everything from starting your job search to staying employed at your new job.
- Job Search When you are Over 50 – Find out helpful strategies that enable older workers to compete in today’s job market.
- The New Work In Texas Web Site for Job Seekers – Find out about the improvements to our web site, and how the features can help your job search.
- Job Search and Social Media – A presentation of general information that focuses primarily on job search and the LinkedIn/Facebook web sites.
Where can I go to complete my State of Texas application?
By registering at workintexas.com, you will be able to complete a State of Texas application. The application can be accessed through “My Individual Plan” in your Work in Texas account.
I just became unemployed – What’s next?
Register for work at workintexas.com. Once registered, apply for unemployment benefits by contacting the TWC unemployment office or by calling their Tele-Center at 1-800-939-6631. Workforce Solutions does not provide specific unemployment information all questions should be directed to the TWC unemployment office.
Do you have a list of open jobs to apply for or employers that are hiring?
Yes; by registering in Work in Texas, you can search available positions for the entire state of Texas.
Can you add more than one occupation at a time to WorkinTexas.com for job matching purposes?
Yes, you can! By adding the specific occupation code into your resume within WorkinTexas.com, you can generate more job leads. You are allowed up to 10 separate resumes in Work in Texas to produce maximum job leads.